For a history of the library, click here.
Want to learn more about Llewellyn Lithgow? Click here.
- Where is the library located?
- When is the library closed for holidays?
- How do I get a library card?
- Can I get a library card if I don't live in Augusta?
- What if I lose my card?
- How long may I borrow the materials for?
- How much will my fines cost?
- Can I use my Lithgow Library card at other libraries in the state?
- How do I access my library record from home?
- How do I request items from other libraries?
- Can items borrowed from other libraries be renewed?
- How do I return items if the library is closed?
- Do you have a fax machine?
- Do you have a photocopier?
- Do you have any museum passes?
- Do you have computers for public use?
- Can I reserve time on your computers in advance?
- How much does it cost to print?
- Do you have wireless internet access?
- Do I have to have a library card at your library in order to use the computers?
- Monday, 5/27 Memorial Day
- Thursday, 7/4 Independence Day
- Monday, 9/2 Labor Day
- Monday, 10/14 Columbus Day
- Monday, 11/11 Veterans' Day
- Thursday, 11/28 Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, 12/25 Christmas Day
Music, movies and magazines circulate for 1 week.
You may renew your items 2 times as long as there are no holds on a specific item. Return to top
Books, books on tape and CD, periodicals, and music CDs.........5 cents per day (Adult card) ; 2 cents per day (Children's card)
Videos and DVDs .....................................$.50 per day
A replacement fee will be charged for lost or damaged items. Return to top Gardiner Public Library and the Waterville Public Library. Return to top My Account page, which will give you directions on accessing your library account. Return to top Minerva catalog, you can expand your search to include all libraries in the Minerva consortium. When you find an item you would like to request, simply click on the Request button (you must be viewing an item record in order to see this button, not viewing a list of search results--click on the item's name in order to view its record.) You will be asked to enter your name and library card number (the barcode number on your library card.) Once you have done this, click on Submit. You should see a message saying that your request was successful, and that your "request will be delivered to Lithgow Library when it is available." We also have a tutorial on placing holds on the My Account page. Once the item has arrived, we will contact you and you have 7 days to pick the item up. Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top
Children's Discovery Museum in Augusta (good for a group of up to 4 people for half price)
Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine in Portland (good for a group of up to 4 people for half price)
Farnsworth Museum in Rockland (good for free admission for two adults and children or grandchildren through the age of 18)
Maine State Museum in Augusta (good for a group of up to 4 people free)
Maine Wildlife Park in Gray (good for a group of up to 7 people for $2.50 per person admission) This pass is available from April until November.
To take advantage of this program, you must have an unexpired Lithgow Public Library card with fines no larger than $3.00. You can come in person or contact the Youth Services Department to book your pass. Passes are subject to availability. Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top Return to top