Tuesday, April 17 @ 6:00pm | Chewonki Presents: Beautiful Biomes
From forests to deserts, and grasslands to the oceans, we will explore different biomes of our planet. Our focus is on three of the major biomes: rain forests, deserts and forests.
A closer look at the flora and fauna will reveal the adaptations necessary to thrive within these unique areas. Our lesson uses slides, real specimens, and three live, non-releasable animals to discuss some of the specific species that call these special places home. This program is suitable for ages 8 to adult and will be held in the Community Meeting Room.
Thursday, April 19 @ 2:00pm | Family Concert featuring Matt Loosigian
Matt is a folk singer/guitarist specializing in playful, funny songs about ecology and being green. Join him as he works his musical magic in this interactive and fun music show. Inspired by Matt’s incredibly dynamic voice and charismatic performance style, participants will sing, play, and dance along as this musical wizard pulls giggles out of his guitar. In the Community Meeting Room
Friday, April 20 @ 3:00pm | Ice Cream Cone Seedling Project
Join Sarah and create a biodegradable way to start seeds. This program is suitable for ages 5 and up and will be held in the Community Meeting Room.
- Monday: Wiggle Worms Music, movement, stories and more for children ages 0-5 and their caregivers, Mondays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us for an afternoon with Legos! Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week – ages 6 and up. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- STARTING IN MARCH Thursday: Thoughtful Thursday Play Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 and their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays will be all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus and calm down, expressing gratitude, and many others. Sometimes we will include calming activities like yoga and arts & crafts. We are fortunate to have children’s yoga Instructor Meghan Reitchel, RYT 200, of Firefly Kids Yoga leading us in yoga from time to time! Meghan’s classes blend age-appropriate yoga poses with energizing music, yoga games and crafts, mindful moments, and plenty of smiles into each session. Thursdays in the Children’s Room at 10:00
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6:00 – 7:00.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm.
- First Friday Play-Doh Fun! Join us for free time Playing with Play-Doh on the first Friday of each month, 2 – 4pm.