Thanks to all of the kids who took part in the Summer Reading Program 2018 by attending the fun events and reading books.
Kids who read (or listened) and reached the 16-hour goal can bring in their reading logs to collect a free book and other prizes!
Thanks again for being part of the summer fun at Lithgow Library!
- Tuesday: Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us for an afternoon with Legos! Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week – ages 6 and up. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00 ***LEGO Build will be on summer hiatus from 6/20 until 8/29***
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursday Play resumes August 16! Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 and their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays will be all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus and calm down, expressing gratitude, and many others. Sometimes we will include calming activities like yoga and arts & crafts. We are fortunate to have children’s yoga Instructor Meghan Reitchel, RYT 200, of Firefly Kids Yoga leading us in yoga from time to time! Meghan’s classes blend age-appropriate yoga poses with energizing music, yoga games and crafts, mindful moments, and plenty of smiles into each session. Thursdays in the Children’s Room at 10:00 ***Thoughtful Thursday Play is on break and resumes August 16.***
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6:00 – 7:00.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm.
- First Friday Play-Doh Fun! Join us for free time Playing with Play-Doh on the first Friday of each month, 2 – 4pm.