Tuesday, April 16th at 2 PM : Owls of Maine
Three live owls are the highlight of this Chewonki program that introduces habits & adaptations of owls native to Maine and New England.
This program, suitable for all ages, will meet in the Community Meeting Room.
Friday, April 19th : DIY Fluffy Slime
Session 1: 2:00-2:45 Session 2: 3:00-3:45
Looking for something to do over April vacation? Have you tried making fluffy slime? Have fun stretching & squishing!
Space is limited. Call Youth Services (207.626.2415) to sign up for one of two sessions.
This program is for ages 5 and up.
- Tuesday: Toddler Time. Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursdays Play Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 with their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays are all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus & calm down, expressing gratitude, and more. Calming activities include yoga, mindful breathing, and arts & crafts. Thursdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00.
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6-7.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious readers age 8 to12. Parents are welcome to sit in. First Monday of the month, 6-7pm.
- Avid Readers A book group for kids 11 & 12 who enjoy challenging books. First Monday of the month, 7-8pm.
- Teen Readers A book group for teens 13 to 18 to explore different genres with food and fun. First Monday of the Month, 6-7 pm
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm.