Tuesday, April 18th, 2:00 – 4:00 | Library Bag Decorating Session! We will provide book bags and fabric markers, and kids ages 4 and up can use their creativity to decorate their own bag.
Monday, April 24th, 5:30 – 6:30 | Pokemon Pros! Parents: Learn to play the game! Kids: Learn to play! You can also share or (with your parents permission) trade Pokemon cards! You can also checkout the library’s collection of books and DVDs related to Pokemon, and parents can learn more about the game.
- Monday Let’s Go! Designed for the busy child who may not have the patience for a full-length program, this shorter program (30 minutes) includes a story and activity. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Mondays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children Zages 3 – 5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Legos at the Library Join us for an afternoon with Legos! Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Friday Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
MONTHLY PROGRAMS – October 2016 – June 2017
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in. 1st Monday of the month at 6:30pm.Upcoming meetings:
- April 3rd @ 6:30 – National Velvet by Enid Bagnold
- Food for Thought A children’s book discussion group for ages 3-8 to share books, recipes, food and fun! Each child and their adult partner will sign-up to choose a food related book to read together. They will bring the food as a snack to share and will provide a related activity. 2nd Wednesday of the month @ 6:00pm. Upcoming meetings: April 12th @ 6:00 Chicken Soup with Rice by Maurice Sendak and Sun Bread by Elisa Kleven
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Each child will have 15 minutes to read aloud to the dog from a book of their choice. The dogs are trained, volunteer therapy dogs from the Kennebec chapter of Love on a Leash who love being read to. Please sign up ahead of time with Youth Services, as space is limited. 4th Thursday of the month @ 3:30 pm [ 3/23, 4/27, 5/25 ]
- Sensory Story Time Come join us for a hands-on, interactive, repetitive story time accommodating children ages 3 to 5 with developmental delays and also their typically developing peers. Sensory Story Time will take place on Saturday April 15th, May 13th, and June 17th at 10 a.m. in the Youth Services Program Room.