Thursday, February 21st from 1-3 PM : Clay Animal Sculpting with Robbi
This workshop is for kids 8-12, and you must sign up in advance in Youth Services.
Be prepared to get messy and have fun with clay! Come make a small clay animal sculpture with Robbi of Maple Lane Pottery. We will be learning how to form a small clay animal sculpture of your choice. Bring an idea of the animal you would like to make. Robbi will take home your creation and glaze fire it in her pottery kiln. Clay and tools will be supplied.
Friday, February 22nd in the Community Meeting Room : DIY Mini Canvas Creations
Session 1 : 2:30-3:30, Session 2 : 3:30-4:30
This activity is for kids ages 5 and up, and you must sign up in advance in Youth Services.
Join us for an hour-long session to create a 4×4 inch mini canvas art project. We will offer 3 stations with the art supplies you need to get creative. Create your two pieces of art using acrylic paints, watercolor and washi tape, and/or sharpies and isopropyl alcohol to make a marbled tie-dye style creation.
- Tuesday: Toddler Time. Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week – ages 6 and up. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursdays Play Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 with their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays are all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus & calm down, expressing gratitude, and more. Calming activities include yoga, mindful breathing, and arts & crafts. Thursdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00.
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6:00 – 7:00. February 13 : The Day it Rained Hearts, by Felicia Bond, and Spaghetti with the Yeti, by Adam & Charlotte Guillain.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm.