3-D Snowflake Make & Take : December 21st from 2:30-4:30 pm. Join us in creating these beautiful 3-D snowflakes using paper, tape, and scissors. You’ll be amazed how easy it is! Ages 6 and older.
Globs & Goo : Thursday, December 27th from 3:00-4:00 pm. Roll up your sleeves and make all kinds of icky sticky stuff. Join a scientist from HighTouch HighTech of Maine to make space mud & science clay. You’ll be up to your elbows in FUN!
- Tuesday: Toddler Time. Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week – ages 6 and up. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursdays Play Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 with their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays are all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus & calm down, expressing gratitude, and more. Calming activities include yoga, mindful breathing, and arts & crafts. Thursdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00.
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6:00 – 7:00. December 12th: The Biggest Snowman Ever, by Steven Kroll.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm.
- First Friday Play-Doh Fun! Join us for free time Playing with Play-Doh on the first Friday of each month, 2 – 4pm.