Thursday, February 23rd, 6:30 | Pajama Party! Join us for a nighttime family storytime next to the fire (by the west fireplace). Wear your PJs, bring your blankets and stuffies, and settle in for a cozy good time. All ages welcome
Thursday, March 2nd, 10:00 – 4:00 | Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash!
- 10:00-4:00 Dr. Seuss Explores! Enjoy a variety of fun activities at your own pace. Get your face painted, do a bean bag toss, use clues on a scavenger hunt, guess the number of fish in a jar, and more. All ages
- 10:00 Dr. Seuss Reads!: A Special Family Storytime. Enjoy a special presentation of “Green Eggs and Ham”, run in a egg race, and make and eat some special treats. Ages 2+
- 12:00 – 1:30 Dr. Seuss Plays!: Play Doh and Coloring. Come play with Play Doh and fill in some Dr. Seuss coloring pages. All ages
- 2:00-4:00 Dr. Seuss Makes!: Make and Take Pom Poms”: Come make fun truffula tree inspired pom poms. Ages 6+
- Monday Let’s Go! Designed for the busy child who may not have the patience for a full-length program, this shorter program (30 minutes) includes a story and activity. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Mondays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children Zages 3 – 5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Legos at the Library Join us for an afternoon with Legos! Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Friday Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
MONTHLY PROGRAMS – October 2016 – June 2017
- Y is for YOGA kids ages 4-8 can build healthy minds and bodies at the library with this free class. Instructor Becky Lambert, E-RYT from Downtown Yoga and Healing Arts, will guide the children in a kid friendly environment. Think comfortable, yoga friendly clothes for your little yogis. Space is limited to 15 participants. Please pre-register in Youth Services. Next Date: Sat, Feb 4th.
- Rockin’ Readers An inter-generational book discussion group for 3rd – 6th graders and an adult partner. Upcoming meetings:
- Food for Thought A children’s book group for ages 3-8 to share books, recipes, food and fun! Each child and their adult partner will sign up to choose a food-related book to read together and bring a snack to share with others. 2nd Wednesday of the month @ 6:00pm
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Each child will have 15 minutes to read aloud to the dog from a book of their choice. The dogs are trained, volunteer therapy dogs from the Kennebec chapter of Love on a Leash who love being read to. Please sign up ahead of time with Youth Services, as space is limited. 4th Thursday of the month @ 3:30 pm [1/26, 2/23, 3/23, 4/27, 5/25]