Pokemon Pros | Monday, November 20th at 5:30 pm. Parents: Learn to play the game! Kids: Learn to play! You can also share or (with your parents permission) trade Pokemon cards! You can also checkout the library’s collection of books and DVDs related to Pokemon, and parents can learn more about the game.
MAD SCIENCE: HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR! | Thursday, December 28th @ 3:30 in the Community Room. It’s the most wonderful time of the year and Mad Science is going to share it with you! You won’t believe your eyes as you try to determine if what you’re seeing is magic or science. Don’t worry, we’ll explain it all as we use our indoor fireworks to create a festival of lights and share our top secret “special ice”, shipped straight from the North Pole. It all comes together with our magical no-melt snow. You’ll have to see it to believe it! This program is appropriate for kids in grades k-5.
- Monday: Wiggle Worms Music, movement, stories and more for children ages 0-5 and their caregivers, Mondays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Join us for an afternoon with Legos! Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New Theme each week – ages 6 and up. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00
- Friday Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00
- Barks & Books A reader dog program for readers ages 6+. Please reserve a spot in advance in Youth Services. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, September-May 3:30 – 4:30.
- Food for Thought For children 3 – 8 and their caregivers to share books, recipes, food, activities, and FUN Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, October-May 6:00 – 7:00.
- Rockin’ Readers A book group for curious 3rd – 6th graders. Parents are welcome to sit in. Next meeting is on 12/4 and the book title is A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Every third Thursday, 6 – 7pm. Next meeting is on Thursday, 12/21 at 6:00 and the theme is Holiday Iron Chef!
- First Friday Play-Doh Fun! Join us for free time Playing with Play-Doh on the first Friday of each month, 2 – 4pm.