Celebrate “A Universe of Stories” this summer at Lithgow Public Library. Sign up for our Summer Reading program to participate in our reading challenge, earn awesome prizes, and learn all about the special events happening all summer long at the library. This program is free and open to all. Sign-ups start June 17th in the Youth Services department.
- Tuesday: Toddler Time Our lap sit program helps your child develop language and literacy skills by singing songs, sharing books, and learning nursery rhymes, while interacting with other children and caregivers. Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: LEGOS at the Library Free form LEGO build for children 5 and older.Tuesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Farmers’ Market at Mill Park Story Time Join us at the Augusta Farmers’ Market for stories, songs, fun, and more! Tuesdays at Mill Park @ 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Family Story Time A weekly program that readies your child for Kindergarten by sharing stories, educational activities and art projects. For children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday: LEGO Build New theme each week. Wednesdays in the Children’s Room @ 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Thoughtful Thursdays Play Come join us as we share stories, songs, and fun for children ages 3-5 with their parents or caregivers.
Thoughtful Thursdays are all about exploring topics like identifying & managing feelings, learning techniques to focus & calm down, expressing gratitude, and more. Calming activities include yoga, mindful breathing, and arts & crafts. Thursdays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00 a.m.
- Friday: Incredible Infants A weekly program for babies from birth to 1 year and their parents or caregivers. Designed to support babies’ language development and learning by experiencing repetitive songs, lap bounces, finger plays and stories. Fridays in the Children’s Room @ 10:00 a.m.
- Tween Scene a different themed activity each month for tweens ages 8-12. Third Thursday of the month @ 6:00 p.m.