Come visit our teen room- plenty of seating, public computers, outlets and WiFi, books, games, and much more. It’s a great place to hang out.
Do you like snacks, friends, and a fun place to hang out? We are looking for members for our new Teen Advisory Board, a group that will help the library be a more fun and interesting place for teens. Ideas for new activities, clubs, books, stuff for the teen room- you name it, TAB will be involved! Pick up an information sheet and application in the teen room today, or visit Julie the Teen Librarian for more details.
- May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 3-5PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- May 2, 3:30PM: Teen Book Group- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- May 3, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group presents- Community Rug Workshop and Open House. Make a rug and make some friends! Bring a t-shirt to weave into the rug or use one that we provide.
- May 4: May The Fourth Be With You- all day activities on your own schedule and then Rogue One at 4PM in the community room
- May 10, 6PM: How Do Colleges Really Choose Students? Join us for a fun and interactive presentation on how colleges make admissions decisions.
- May 11, 3:30PM: MAKE/ART- Altered Books
- May 17, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group lounge
Mondays, 3-5pm | Teen Gamers’ Lounge: Every Monday from 3-5, bring your friends and get your game on. RPGs, trading cards, handhelds/tablets/phones, online games on our computers- play whatever you’d like in a fun and laid back space.
1st Tuesday of the month, 3:30-4:30pm | Teen Book Group: Come discuss a new book each month, selected from a variety of genres, and talk about other books you’re reading and would like to read. See the details of each month’s event to see what book is being discussed that month.
May 2: “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs
June: “March” by John Lewis
July: To be determined
1st Wednesday of the month, 4 – 5pm | LBGT+ Teen Group Presents: LGBT+ Teen Group Presents is a special event hosted by the LGBT+ Teen Group. Check on each month’s details for what is happening that month.
2nd Thursday of the month, 3:30-5:30 | MAKE/ART: Join us for a special art project each month that will broaden your skills and horizons. See each month’s event details to know what will be created that month.
3rd Wednesday of the month, 4 – 5pm | LBGT+ Teen Group: LGBT+ Teen Group is an unstructured hang out time for LGBT+ teens in a safe and fun space. Spread the word and bring your friends. Drop-ins, friends, and allies are always welcome.
4th Thursday of the month, 5-7pm | ***COMING SOON*** ***TEEN ADVISORY GROUP***: Boss us around and make the library a more fun and interesting place for teens! Work together to advise the teen librarian on new activities and groups, books to add to the collection, and stuff that the teen room needs. If you’re interested in joining, pick up an information sheet and application from the teen room, or talk to Julie the Teen Librarian for more details.