Come visit our teen room- plenty of seating, public computers, outlets and WiFi, books, games, fun programs, air conditioning, and much more. It’s a great place to hang out.
This holiday season, the Teen Room is partnering up with the Lithgow LGBT+ Teen Group and Mindful Queer Collective to collect items for Backpacks for Homeless Youth. There is an epidemic of homelessness among LGBT+ youth here in Maine, and these backpacks of supplies help homeless teens as they reach a housing solution, providing for basic survival needs and helping them stay in school. View the list of still-needed items here, or stop by the Teen Room to see the most recently updated list in the donation area. Drop off your donations in the Teen Room donation basket or to Julie, the Teen Librarian. You can team up with a group to provide a complete backpack or you can donate whatever separate items you’d like. We will be accepting donations from November 15th through January 3rd.
- Dec 4, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- Dec 5, 3:30: Teen Book Group
- Dec 6, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group
- Dec 11, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- Dec 12, 3:30: Teen Writers’ Group
- Dec 14, 3:30: MAKE/ART: Zentangles
- Dec 18, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- Dec 19, 3:30: Teen Holiday Party hosted by the Teen Advisory Board: gingerbread house contest, snacks, and crafts!
- Dec 20, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group
- Dec 21, 6:30: Beauty School Dropouts- Nail stamping
- Dec 26, 3:30: Teen Craft- Mini origami stars
- Dec 28, 3:30: COMIX: Anime and snacks
- Jan 2, 3:30: Teen Book Group
- Jan 3, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group
- Jan 8, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- Jan 9, 3:30: Teen Writers’ Group
- Jan 11, 3:30: MAKE/ART: Not Your Grandma’s Embroidery
- Jan 16, 3:30: Teen Advisory Board meeting
- Jan 17, 4PM: LGBT+ Teen Group
- Jan 18, 6:30: Beauty School Dropouts: DIY lip balm
- Jan 22, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
- Jan 23, 3:30: Teen Craft: Magnetic slime
- Jan 25, 3:30: COMIX: 4-Koma, four-panel comic drawing
- Jan 29, 3PM: Gamers’ Lounge
Mondays, 3-5pm | Teen Gamers’ Lounge: Every Monday from 3-5, bring your friends and get your game on. RPGs, trading cards, handhelds/tablets/phones, online games on our computers- play whatever you’d like in a fun and laid back space. Coming soon: video games!
1st Tuesday of the month, 3:30-4:30pm | Teen Book Group: Do you love to read? So do we! Come talk about what you’ve been reading, get some book recommendations, check out what’s new in the collection, have some snacks, and play some games.
1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, 4 – 5pm | LBGT+ Teen Group: LGBT+ Teen Group is a twice-monthly event hosted by the LGBT+ Teen Group, an opportunity for LGBT+ teens to meet in a safe and fun environment.
2nd Tuesday of the month, 3:30-4:30 | Teen Writers Group: Love to write? Come join a fun group of like-minded teen writers. We’ll explore a variety of styles, writing prompts, and writing games, all in a low-key and supportive environment.
2nd Thursday of the month, 3:30-5:30 | MAKE/ART: Join us for a special art project each month that will broaden your skills and horizons. See the calendar to know what this month’s project is.
3rd Tuesday of the month, 3:30 | Teen Advisory Board: Boss us around and make the library a more fun and interesting place for teens! Work together to advise the teen librarian on new activities and groups, books to add to the collection, and stuff that the teen room needs. If you’re interested in joining, pick up an information sheet and application from the teen room, or talk to Julie the Teen Librarian for more details.
3rd Thursday of the month, 6:30-7:30 | Beauty School Dropouts: Join us each month for a fun beauty activity in a supportive and empowering environment. See the calendar to know what this month’s project is.
4th Tuesday of the month, 3:30-4:30 | Teen Craft: Join us each month for a fun craft activity. See the calendar to know what this month’s project is.
4th Thursday of the month, 3-4pm | Comix: Anime, Manga, Graphic Novels, and Comics Club: Do you love manga, anime, graphic novels, and comics? Join us every 4th Thursday of the month to do comix-related activities: meet other collectors and enthusiasts, share your recommendations and hear about what others have been reading, watch anime and other related movies and TV shows, and draw and write your own.