Lithgow Public Library along with other Maine libraries has a collection of thousands of popular eBooks & audiobooks, called the CloudLibrary. Anyone with a library card in good standing at Lithgow Public Library can access this collection free of charge. This collection is offered through the cloudLibrary app by bibliotheca.
- iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch (regular iPod Mp3 players are not supported)
- Android phones and tablets
- Nook tablets
- Kindle Fire tablets (Kindle Paperwhite eReaders are not supported)
- Nook and Kobo eReaders (you will need to install a desktop CloudLibrary app on a computer, to download and transfer books to these eReaders)
- Desktop and laptop computers running Windows or Apple OS
- Visit http://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/ for more information and desktop downloads.
The Fine Print
- Patrons may borrow up to 3 digital items at one time.
- Lending periods are 3 weeks for eBooks & audiobooks.
- Items cannot be renewed, but may be checked out a second time, if no one is waiting for it – your device will remember where you left off.
- You can return items early by going to “My Books” — tap and hold the cover of the item you want to return, and select “Return”.
- There are no overdue fines, as your item will automatically return itself after 3 weeks.
- If an item is unavailable, you can place a hold. You will receive an email when it is your turn to borrow it. Why do I have to wait for an e-book? Aren’t e-books unlimited? Libraries have to purchase an e-book in the same way they purchase physical books. The publishers require us to abide by one copy/one user model just as we do with physical books.
Stop into Lithgow Library with your tablet or smartphone during our drop-in tech help hours, every Tuesday and Wednesday, 10-11 (first come, first served). You can also visit the cloudLibrary Support Page