Wednesday, February 21 @ 6:30 | Maeghan Maloney: the case of the North Pond Hermit
Join us for a special presentation of the Lithgow Book Club. Maegan Maloney, the DA who worked on the North Pond Hermit case, will be discussing her experience and then opening up for a question and answer period. For anyone who has read the enormously popular The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit, by Michael Finkel, or for anyone who has simply been curious about the case and wants to know more, this will be a truly engaging event.
This event has been rescheduled from Feb 7 due to the snowstorm.
Monday, February 26th @ 1:00 | S.E.A.R.C.H. volunteer information session: Make a difference in the life of a homebound senior
Many seniors find themselves homebound and alone. Find out how you can warm a senior’s life by giving a few hours of your week to an isolated senior at this informational session hosted by S.E.A.R.C.H., Seek Elderly Alone, Renew Courage & Hope, a program of Catholic Charities. Many volunteer opportunities are available!
CSAs are a great way to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. By pre-paying before the beginning of the season, you support that farmer through the early days and reap the rewards throughout the growing season. Come to the CSA Fair to find the farm share that’s right for you!
If you are a farmer interested in representing your farm at the fair, please contact Julie Olson, the Adult Services Librarian, by calling the library no later than February 21.
LITHGOW LIBRARY BOOK CLUB join us for monthly book discussions. No sign-up required. Upcoming meetings:
- Wednesday, February 21st @ 6:30 | The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel. **Special Guest: joining us for the discussion, is Maeghan Maloney, the District Attorney who prosecuted the North Pond Hermit case.
- Wednesday, March 14th @ 6:30 | In The Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende
- Wednesday, April 11th @ 6:30 | Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Wednesday, May 9 @ 6:30 | Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- Wednesday, June 6 @ 6:30 | Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng