*Lithgow Library will close at noon on Saturday, July 16th and will remain closed until we re-open at 45 Winthrop Street in August. Click the image below for more information.*
Fresh-picked gardening resources: Since it’s May and many of you are probably itching to get out in your yards, we’ve gathered some really useful gardening resources for you, from our print collection and around the web.
Be A Part of the Story – Library Wish List at Barnes & Noble:
Wondering how you can contribute to the expansion and renovation of the library, if you haven’t had a chance already? Purchase a wish list item on display at the Augusta Barnes & Noble in May. The store is located at 9 Marketplace Drive in Augusta. Their hours are Sun 10-9, and Mon-Sat 9-10. Your contribution to this once in a lifetime project will be honored with a bookplate inside the item of purchase, and library users will be able to borrow and enjoy the item you purchased. All you need to do is choose an item on display, purchase it and bring it to the library. Please let library staff know it is a wish list item from Barnes and Noble and we will take care of the rest.
Lithgow Public Library Summer Reading Events at Mill Park Pavilion – All programs are at 10 a.m. and are free and open to all! Click here for the schedule of events and information on how to participate.
Upcoming Book Discussions:
- Tuesday, September 20th @ 6:30 | Redemption Road by John Hart
- Tuesday, October 18th @ 6:30 | One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 6:30 | H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.
- Special accompanying program: Wind Over Wings – Saturday, November 19th @ 10:00am. Wind Over Wings is a nonprofit, wildlife educational center featuring magnificent birds who are unable to survive in their natural environment. Up to four birds will be featured.
- Tuesday, December 13th from 5 – 8pm | The Cider House Rules by John Irving.
- Book Discussion and film showing: The film will begin at 5pm and the book discussion will follow.