KV YMCA Strong Kids Annual Campaign & Camp KV and The Friends of Lithgow Library Annual Campaign 3rd annual raffle is on! $10,000 cash prize – only 300 tickets will be sold. Click here for details and entry form.
Thursday, October 13th @ Noon | Author talk with Kathryn Severns Avery, author of Your Countdown to Retirement this talk is part of our monthly Brown Bag Lunch Series in the Community Room. Feel free to bring a lunch – the talk will last approximately 1 hour.
Thursday, October 6th @ 11:00 | Volunteer Scribes information session with the Maine Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Join us for an informational session on the Maine Alzheimer’s Association’s Volunteer Scribes Program, which enables those living with early stage Alzheimer’s or dementia to record their stories confidentially, with the help of a volunteer scribe from Colby College. Potential participants will need to have a brief screening to determine program eligibility.
Monday, October 24th @ Noon | Computer and Mobile Device Health and Maintenance 101: We need to brush our teeth to avoid cavities, right? Computers, tablets and smartphones also need some regular “brushing” to keep them running smoothly. Don’t let your devices wear out before their time; with some regular maintenance, you can keep them running the way you expect them to for a long time. Bring your device, or just take notes. Feel free to bring your lunch!
Upcoming Book Discussions:
- Tuesday, October 18th @ 6:30 | One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 6:30 | H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.
- Special accompanying program: Wind Over Wings – Saturday, November 19th @ 10:00am. Wind Over Wings is a nonprofit, wildlife educational center featuring magnificent birds who are unable to survive in their natural environment. Up to four birds will be featured.
- Tuesday, December 13th from 5 – 8pm | The Cider House Rules by John Irving.
- Book Discussion and film showing: The film will begin at 5pm and the book discussion will follow.