Monday, October 24th @ Noon | Computer and Mobile Device Health and Maintenance 101: We need to brush our teeth to avoid cavities, right? Computers, tablets and smartphones also need some regular “brushing” to keep them running smoothly. Don’t let your devices wear out before their time; with some regular maintenance, you can keep them running the way you expect them to for a long time. Bring your device, or just take notes. Feel free to bring your lunch!
Thursday, November 3rd @ Noon | Brown Bag Lunch Talk : Howard Hill property information session with Theresa Kerchner, Executive Director of the Kennebec Land Trust.
Thursday, November 10th @ 6:00 | An Evening with John Ford and Mark Nickerson: Former Maine Game Warden John Ford (author of Suddenly, The Cider Didn’t Taste So Good and This Cider Still Tastes Funny!) and former Maine State Trooper Mark Nickerson (author of Blue Lights in the Night) have become two of Maine’s favorite storytellers, appearing at libraries and other venues across the state.
Wednesday, November 16th @ 11:00 | Facebook Basics: Join us for an hour-long beginners tutorial on Facebook. We will discuss how to set up an account, find friends, and upload/share photos. The second half will discuss navigating Facebook’s privacy settings, which are an important part of protecting your personal information.
Thursday, December 8th @ Noon | Brown Bag Lunch Series – Healthy Holiday Tips from the Healthy Living Resource Center at MaineGeneral Medical Center.
Upcoming Book Discussions:
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 6:30 | H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.
- Special accompanying program: Wind Over Wings – Saturday, November 19th @ 10:00am. Wind Over Wings is a nonprofit, wildlife educational center featuring magnificent birds who are unable to survive in their natural environment. Up to four birds will be featured.
- Tuesday, December 13th from 5 – 8pm | The Cider House Rules by John Irving.
- Book Discussion and film showing: The film will begin at 5pm and the book discussion will follow.
- Tuesday, January 18th @ 6:30 | Valiant Ambition: George Washington, Benedict Arnold and the Fate of the American Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick.
- Tuesday, February 15th @ 6:30 | A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.