Wednesday, September 14th @ 6:30 | How Do Colleges Really Choose Students? Students and their parents are invited to an informative, interactive, and entertaining presentation by Wendy Thompson of Westport Educational Consulting, to help families understand the role interviews, essays, sports and extracurricular activities play in the college admissions process.
Thursday, September 22nd @ Noon | Author talk with Douglas Rooks, author of Statesman: George Mitchell and the Art of the Possible. Join us for the first event in our new monthly Brown Bag Lunch Series in our new community room. Feel free to bring a lunch – the talk will last approximately 1 hour.
Thursday, October 6th @ 11:00 | Volunteer Scribes information session with the Maine Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Join us for an informational session on the Maine Alzheimer’s Association’s Volunteer Scribes Program, which enables those living with early stage Alzheimer’s or dementia to record their stories confidentially, with the help of a volunteer scribe from Colby College. Potential participants will need to have a brief screening to determine program eligibility.
Upcoming Book Discussions:
- Tuesday, September 20th @ 6:30 | Redemption Road by John Hart
- Tuesday, October 18th @ 6:30 | One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 6:30 | H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.
- Special accompanying program: Wind Over Wings – Saturday, November 19th @ 10:00am. Wind Over Wings is a nonprofit, wildlife educational center featuring magnificent birds who are unable to survive in their natural environment. Up to four birds will be featured.
- Tuesday, December 13th from 5 – 8pm | The Cider House Rules by John Irving.
- Book Discussion and film showing: The film will begin at 5pm and the book discussion will follow.