Join us on the Lithgow Library lawn around 2:45 for a viewing of the eclipse – in Maine, it will be a partial (60 percent) eclipse, but it’s still worth seeing! We will have a limited supply of eclipse-viewing glasses to give away, or make your own eclipse viewer – instructions here!
Tuesday, September 19th, Noon-1:00 | Technology 101: Podcasts Join us for a short workshop on what podcasts are, how to subscribe to them, download them, and enjoy! This is recommended for people who enjoy talk radio programs and audiobooks in particular. The great benefit to podcasts is that you can listen to your favorite programs whenever you want and the selection of podcasts has far surpassed what is on the radio. Sports, news, comedy, science, you name it, there is a podcast about it. Feel free to bring your lunch to this noontime program.
Take Charge of your career and create an action plan to achieve success.
- Learn how your current skills connect to future careers.
- Identify high-growth job fields.
- Explore education and training options.
- Strengthen your resume for a targeted job search.
Classes will be held at Lithgow Library Wednesdays, 9:30-Noon from September 20 – October 18. To sign up, contact Sherrie Brann at (207) 621-3436 or firstname.lastname@example.org – you can also register online at bit.ly/classesnvme
Saturday, October 14th @ 10:00 | Heritage Winds Quintet will perform in the Community Room. Heritage Winds is the woodwind quintet component of the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band. As professional Airman-musicians, the members of Heritage Winds are dedicated to using the power of music to honor our veterans, inspire patriotism, communicate the Air Force story, and recruit those who are interested in serving our nation.
Join us for upcoming Book Discussion Group meetings. No sign-up required.
- Book and an Eclipse! Wednesday, August 23rd @ 6:30 | American Eclipse by David Barron – and join us for an all-ages eclipse viewing on the Lithgow lawn on Monday, August 21st around 2:45 pm!
- Wednesday, September 27th @ 6:30 | Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Wednesday, October 25th @ 6:30 | The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck